Re: checklist for starting rebuilt engine?

To: mtyler@hctc.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: checklist for starting rebuilt engine?
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:25:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/00 12:45:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
mtyler@hctc.net writes:

<< That's the part that has me scratching my head, what would this driver
 look like? How do you know (by feel) you've engaged the oil pump?

 Marc t.

It's just a piece of round steel rod with one end ground down to match the
end of the distributor drive shaft.  The other end chucks up in a drill, so
the rod needs to be long enough to reach from where the distributor would be
down to the oil pump.  Stick it down the distributor shaft hole and turn it
by hand until you feel it drop into the oil pump drive slot.  When you spin
it with the drill you will feel the resistance as the oil pump works.

Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO
67 1600