Re: checklist for starting rebuilt engine?

To: LarryD@pengrowth.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: checklist for starting rebuilt engine?
From: VulForge@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:05:56 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/00 1:36:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
LarryD@pengrowth.com writes:

<< I figured that was the purpose, but, I thought the "jack shaft" rotated the
 distributor shaft and oil pump.  If yes, would its drive gear not be in the
 way of any drill and home made rod setup?

I really haven't looked at the roadster motor to see, but it is really easy
on the L-series motors, which is what he was asking about.  On those, you
just mark where the timing is, undo the distributor holddown and lift the
distributor out.  Mark which way the drive tab is pointing and lift out the
dist/oil pump drive shaft.  When you reinstall, just match up the marks and
your timing will be the same.  The drive tab is off center, so you can't put
it back 180 out.

Russell Criswell

Kansas City MO
67 1600