Re: Friendly Texans help me Enjoy the Ride

Subject: Re: Friendly Texans help me Enjoy the Ride
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 07:15:07 -0400
> Nice story.  I too wish I'd have owned my toy while in high school.  Better
> late than never though.

My dad brought home a '69 1600 when I was about 5 years old.  He used it as
a daily driver to and from work, and would drop me off at school in it.  On
special days he'd put the top down, or take me to school in his '52 MG TD.
When I turned 16, I started driving the 1600, and drove it all through high
school and six years of college.  After college, I moved from Texas to
Michigan, and the roadster stayed at my parents' house for about four years,
until I got around to buying a house and fixing up the garage.

Girls have always liked the car, and still do.  After I brought it up to
Michigan, I drove it to the single's Bible study I attend, and told a buddy
of mine to watch what happens when the girls see it.  We got out of class,
and within 10 minutes of being in the parking lot, about 10 girls had
surrounded the car.  No one, except for my buddy, knew the car was mine.  He
was amazed.  He'd never seen anything like that.  I'll have to admit, I was
a little amazed myself.

Happy Roadstering,

Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI