Re: Fiberglass fenders for Datsun roadsters.

To: 9laser3@bright.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiberglass fenders for Datsun roadsters.
From: SGHT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:12:07 EST
Paul,
We purchased a "Vintage Race 1600" (Jim Fitzgerald car) this summer which has
full flair fiberglass front fenders and a glass hood.(I believe they are
Japco). Obviously, the car would not be accepted by SVRA so Barry Brown
installed a stock hood and flared a pair of stock steel fenders, which I
think look great, and they were acceptable to SVRA. They look nearly stock
and are within the realm of flares of the era when these cars were run by
Sharp and BRE.
If you were at Watkins in Sept. you saw the car when Barry ran it.
We are taking the fenders to Riggles next month to get costs for fiberglass
and/or carbon fiber duplicates. Several people at the Glen, particularly some
Canadians, expressed an interest. If there is interest, I am sure we could
get a better price with some quantities.
Sam Turner

Sam
SGHT@aol.com
25 Hill Creek Road, Rochester, NY 14625   716-387-0665
60 Walsh Street, Nantucket Island, MA 02554   508-228-3666
5060 Higel Avenue, Siesta Key, FL 34242  941-349-7863