Re: Late Model Starter Removal

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Late Model Starter Removal
From: "Roadster" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:47:25 -0600
I'll have to disagree somewhat.  I just pulled the starter from my '70 2K a
few months back.  (Manifold and short starter.)  I had to twist, yank, pull,
cuss, and pry on it to get out.  My '69 2K had a header and short starter.
It wouldn't come out any way, shape, or form.  I had to pull the header.
Unfortunatly I didn't know about the gusset removal trick at that time.  Not
that it helped much.  I forgot to do it the last time around on my '70!
Stupidity ranks supreme!

Here's a thought.  Could the original body mount pads have compressed over
the years?  It is only a fraction of an inch that keeps it from comming out
easily.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX