Re: Late Model Starter Removal

To: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>, "Mark Clary"
Subject: Re: Late Model Starter Removal
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 16:24:57 -0500
>Heat is the other reason
> we have so many starter troubles. I installed a heat shield wrap, that I
> bought from a speed shop, but it did not last very long. Another good Idea
> is the "Tilton Super Starter" type gear reduction motor or Vendors sell.
> These motors are smaller so they are farther away from the exhaust heat.

  On the late model cars, moving the alternator to the passenger side of the
block will allow more air to flow over the starter and help keep it from
frying.  We have an OROC member who rigged an air line from the front of the
engine bay to the front bearing on the starter in his '69 2000 just to try
to make it last longer.  Bob never has said how well it worked?

Paul
OROC