Re: Mystery holes in timing chain cover

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Mystery holes in timing chain cover
From: "corcoran" <corcoran@bainbridgeisland.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 14:43:32 -0800
Well maybe an early 1600 is a lot different from my 1500's in this respect.
On my 1500's I have these holes that I think we are talking about near the
timing mark line that is in the timing cover casting. The stock fuel line
bends near there and is restrained by a metal strap and then goes to another
metal tubing hanger that bolts to the thermostat housing. The G motors did
not have a pointer and I did not think the early R's did at first either. I
haven't worked on 1600's much, just borrowed some parts! I could swear that
I robbed one of these straps from an R motor. I could be mistaken.
Regards,
Tim