Re: OT 411 For Sale NorCal

To: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>, Ed Wilsey <Kensington_FC@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: OT 411 For Sale NorCal
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 14:53:26 -0800 (PST)
They also had an optional automatic (gear selector on the tree) in
RL411 (R16) flavor.  The carbs were the same but the intake manifold
was different and the carbs sat at an angle (bottom angled out).  The
carb bowls were at a different angle to the carbs so they sat straight
while the carbs themselves didn't.

In the US, the RL411 had the enclosed air filter housing with horn
rather than open like on the Roadster.  I imagine they were
interchangeable, though.

The exhaust manifold was very goofy and restrictive compared to the
Roadster.  The car originally had the E12 1200cc engine, and when they
shoe-horned the R16 in there wasn't enough room for the exhaust to go
out the bottom.  Instead, there's a hole in the inner fender and the
exhaust goes out there then down.  It is visible behind the driver's
wheel.

Adam
'67 RL411 SSS sedan (4-speed) from 1986-1989