Re: Rusted wheel studs

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rusted wheel studs
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@home.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:41:54 -0500
<snip>

> Use antisieze on the lugnuts/studs and insist on the nuts being torqued to
the proper
> specification, not just run down hard with an air wrench set on
"cold-weld" ;^)

On a side note - what is the torque value when you use antisieze? It's my
understanding that you use a lower torque value when using antisieze since
it is so slippery? Using standard torque values will result in over
tightening the nut.  I had some head bolts fail/break on a two cycle engine
once when I torqued to recommended torque using antisieze. I have heard that
the torque value can be in the neighborhood of 80% recommended torque. Is
this true?

Tom P