Re: oil pump question

To: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil pump question
From: <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:20:42 -0500
I would put another newer pressure gauge on and recheck. The oil pump wears at
the gear/plate interface and this extra clearance allows bypass of the
pressure. At least that is how my memory serves me in my old age. The oil
regulator is designed to relieve extra pressure  when the oil is cold and would
not affect normal pressure. A warm engine will only need 10 pounds per thousand
RPM to be in top operating condition.

Ron