Thinking of buying a 260Z with no title

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thinking of buying a 260Z with no title
From: "Robert Long" <robert.long@acs-inc.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:22:18 -0700
Hello,

I know we've discussed this topic in the past, but obviously i wasn't
listening (just
ask my wife)!

I'm thinking of buying a 260Z from someone here in NM.  He doesn't have the
title,
nor does the person he bought it from.  But, he does have paperwork from NM,
CO,
TX, and AZ saying they have no-record of the VIN.  He also has paperwork from
NCIC
saying it's not a stolen vehicle.

Do you think I can get it re-titled?  Any tips on how to deal with DMV, or
other ideas?

Roadster content - my thumbs are sore from sanding the tight spots on the
underside
of my hood, still aiming for a summer paint job.

Thanks for listening,
Robert
67.5 1600
83 280ZX