Re: Soft Top Installation (Twisties and Posties???)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soft Top Installation (Twisties and Posties???)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:37:06 -0800
It was written
> As for lift-a-dots.  I think that one set that I have are asymmetrical
> with the longer side pointing away from the center of the car.

PAY ATTENTION when installing these tabs! Those that haven't had
a top before aren't aware that they pop off FROM ONLY ONE SIDE.
(At least, the ones on my Robbins top are that way). Embossed on
one end are the words 'lift here'. And sure enough, you pull up (actually
press up from underneath) on that side to pop the clip off the post. The
'lift here' end goes towards the FRONT of the car. If you have it backwards
then you need to lift from the BACK edge - you know, where it's secured to
the body by the metal strip and teardrops. Trust me - you can't.

Whoever installed my top got one side right and one side wrong, so it's
really easy for me to demonstrate :-) I have to release the front bow and
the correct side; I can then undo the rear holddown and pop the backwards
side.

-- John