Re: Soft Top Installation (Twisties and Posties???)

To: "Chris Gray" <grayc@rpi.edu>,
Subject: Re: Soft Top Installation (Twisties and Posties???)
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:52:03 -0800
Chris
I use an exacto knive to cut the slits/holes for the clips. I usually do it
with the top partially installed (snaps to top bow) so I can see where each
twistie clip goes. Then push the clip  against the fabric and leave a small
indentation. Then cut the holes/slits where the indentions where left.
needle nose pliers will secure the snap to the fabric. Do one lift a dot  at
a  time and check from the right to the left side to make sure everythings
even. Finally do the top bow. Again this requires fitting and refitting
before you make the final cut and screw on the retainer plate. I probably
have instructions from a crown top if you need it.
Mike koken
Colo. Springs