Re: Playful Kidding Aside

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Playful Kidding Aside
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:22:01 -0500
Word to the wise re: old belts (washed or not).  As a practical matter
seat belts over five years old, especially in a car exposed to UV (like
a Roadster or race car) are living on borrowed time.  Basically, you
ought to pray you don't need them.

There are lots of events you would never get past Tech with belts known
to be that old.  Most of the comp belts (like helmets) have date tags,
to facilitate Tech checks.

I expect the "do not clean" warning is due to the unknown effects of
cleaning soaps, dry cleaning chemicals and then there are people who
will try to dry them in the dryer.

- Bob Mann

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  >> Airline Industry Analysis
Port Washington, NY  11050 >> tel 516-944-0900, fax -7280