Driving Question

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net"<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving Question
From: Ryan Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:53:00 -0700
Hey guys and gals,

I have noticed that at certain times when I drive my car on the
freeway, it gets real sloppy, particularly the rear end.  It is a very
uncomfortable feeling, almost as if the car is unstable beneath you.
I first noticed this on the 91 heading out of Orange County to
Riverside County.  I've also felt it on I-60 here in AZ.  I at first
blamed it on back-draft/wind, as going up the 91 there was a good
amount of back draft as well as the 60 could have some "tunnel" effect
due to how it is dug down low, but upon further experience, I have
narrowed the problem down: When driving on what seems to be concrete
freeway with small, narrow groves, perhaps an inch or two apart, going
in the same direction I am, my car gets very sloppy.  I don't know how
to describe this type of road any better.  The groves are placed in
the road over all lanes, I have never felt this way with any other
vehicle when driving on these sections of freeway.

Anyway...  Anyone who can decipher what I am trying to say, feel free
to explain why my car does this, and if I should be concerned.

Thanks,

Ryan Bird
67 1600
Tempe, AZ