Re: OT Audi 1.8T Motor Oil Question

To: "Daniel E McHatton" <hallosb@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT Audi 1.8T Motor Oil Question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:36:37 -0400
I would run synthetic in the weight the manufacturer recommends 5/30 or at
least a 50/50 blend. I wouldn't out-guess VW as they did extensive testing.

OTOH, I see posts on the Miata.net website with guys saying that they run
10/30 motor oil in their trannys because that's what Honda recommends. What
those dolts don't realize is that the Miata tranny needs the additives for
proper action of the synchros, shear, design of the cut of the gears, and
what not. Some dolt always thinks they're smarter than the manufacturer. If
Mazda thought it best to run 10/30 in the trannies they would have said
that. They're just TooFckingCheap to buy Redline at $8 per quart.

Mike