Re: Fuel Filter

To: Geegc@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Filter
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:35:29 -0700
Mine always looks like that (I have one of those glass aftermarket "performance"
filters).  If you also have the glass one that came on the early cars, it is
likely leaking past the rubber (my experience... tossed it).  Otherwise, check
your pump.  Also, the SU's (which I assume you have) have little screen filters
in the tee-fittings that attach to the float bowls.  These often get plugged up
with crap and might be starving your carbs.  Hey, I wonder if this might be what
is contributing to that person who is having the "vapor lock" problem we have
been trying to figure out???
Greg Burrows