Re: safety inspections and other disasters

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: safety inspections and other disasters
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 00:09:11 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/2002 8:47:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
plhbauman@earthlink.net writes:

> John Frampton and I took the 'safe' route today and jacked up the cars to
> see if something had shaken loose. I really, really don't want to lose any
> more parts on the way to Solvang this year!

This being my first long trip in four years I too had to go over the Roadster
to make sure all was well for the trip.  A valve and carb adjustment...
brakes and clutch adjustment... everythiing is going well so far.  Ooooops!
Spoke too soon.  I found a wood screw in my rear tire but it isnt leaking
air.  Sneaky...!  Gonna pull the wheel tomorrow and drop it off for a plug.
Good thing it was found before I ran flat 200 miles from home.

See ya in Solvang

Calspeed