Cracks in trunk

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cracks in trunk
From: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:29:46 EDT
We discovered cracks in the floor of the trunk and a PO's attempt to repair
damage from an apparant rear end collision during our gas tank removal
project today.  There is a long, almost gaping crack from the opening where
the gas tank tube comes up through the floor of the trunk.  There are also a
few cracks in the floor along where the channels are that the tank hangs on
to.  In addition, one of the channels has a huge split on the front, right
where the tank strap bolts on.  A previous owner sank 4 large bolts through
the floor and the channels in an apparant attempt to keep the tank from
causing the cracks to worsen.

Any ideas on options we might have to repair the damage?

Thanks!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover