Re: <OT> Neutral Start Switch

To: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: <OT> Neutral Start Switch
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:26:30 +0200
And then we got this stupid P-lock on automatics
where we cant move the shifter from P to R to D
without the brake lights come on. We have or had
different torque converters that did not move the
car until we touched the throttle. Now when we
put it in D the car drives itself like 10 mph.

On the Audi thing, why was it only on Audi's? VW is
the same car (same floorpan and pedals) but nobody
had any problems with their models. Not to mention
Italian and French cars but the US-market had already
killed them off by the mid-80's. The Italians are returning
to USA (with help of their partner GM) and they have
retired the gorilla dummy they used to design the driving
position around.

Thomas