RE: <OT> Neutral Start Switch

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: <OT> Neutral Start Switch
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:23:14 -0400
Not quite the same, but when we were test driving cars a few years back
after I totaled the Escort wagon and was on cruches (broke my knee), my wife
was driving. All our cars at the time were manual transmissions and we were
testing an automatic. We were slowing down to pull into the dealership and
my wife, trying to push in the clutch pedal, slammed the brake on and we
were rear ended by a pickup. No damage was done and it sure was embarrasing
and to make matters worse, we then locked the keys in the car, the only set.
That wasn't our fault though. The security system on it auto locks after 30
seconds and no one knew that. We wound up buying the car anyways and still
have it.

It makes me cry a little when I do work on it because parts are so easy to
get and so cheap. I replaced the front rotors last week, only $23.99 each.
They were in stock too.

-Mitch Planck
'69 1600
'70 1600