Re: Easy Off oven cleaner

To: perickson@quorex.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Easy Off oven cleaner
From: JOHNSOF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:42:08 EST
That's right, and there's a reason for this - Easy-Off is largely sodium
hydroxide, which is a wonderful etchant for aluminum, as well as for your
skin when you get it on tender places.

Some of the more "friendly" cleaners, like Simple Green and others, work
pretty well too especially if the part being cleaned is heated or if the
cleaner itself is heated up.  I've got a metal feeding pan for chickens or
something that I can put on the stove, heat up both the parts and the cleaner
at the same time, and it cleans virtually all greasy gunk off without
worrying about etching the parts or anything like that.  Then I can decant
off the cleaner and save it for next time (and there have been lots of next
times on this project).  Obviously this won't help with a rear
differential....

Fred J.
'69 SRL
WI