1500 manual and heater saga.

To: "'Corcoran'" <corcoran@bainbridgeisland.net>,
Subject: 1500 manual and heater saga.
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:12:14 +1030
Tim,
I already have the genuine Nissan SP(L)310 Service Manual and it
conveniently avoids any description of the interior, body and such! I
have found that the web site www.carfiche.com was very helpful.
After navigating thru the fiche I found the 1600 heater was the one
which lined up with the firewall mounts, coolant hose holes and air
box for the blower inlet.
I still think that there is a LH and RH heater model because on the
RHD car the blower inlet is mounted above the passengers footwell. On
a LHD car the pedal mounts would occupy the same space and the fiche
clearly shows the blower inlet moves over to the right.
Mark Richards let me look at the heater in his '66 1600 but guess
what! it was a Smiths after market unit which was just bolted to the
firewall.
Anyhoo if I can't get the original I may do the same sort of thing or
pretend it was an option that was not fitted!
**************************
Talking of manuals, I have a spare copy of the "Nissan Service Manual
for the U20 engine and 5 speed Transmission for Datsun Sports 2000"
(publication number 47121 (20430160) if anyone is wanting one.
The cover is a little knocked about but all pages are present and
correct and clean.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.