electrical problems again

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical problems again
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:05:38 -0800
hi all,

I installed a gear reduction starter. i hooked everything up and i cannot
get it to start. the starter makes a clicking sound and the fan blade turns
a little. i thought the battery was dead since the car has not been run for
about two months.  the battery was charged from my truck but the same thing
happened. i then tried to jump it off my wife's car. same problem. I now
have no lights, horn, etc. the battery reads a little under 11 volts. my
ammeter is out of the car and i have a fuse wired temporarily in its place.
the fuse and the wire was very hot. could not hold it. other than that there
is nothing else that I have done to the car. the fuses are good in the fuse
block. the car ran fine before i yanked the carbs to have them rebuilt. the
only modification to the electrical system was the addition of the new
starter. the clock is not working now and the lights do not work. i believe
that i should at least get lights and clock movement on a low battery. is
this the case?any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

thx,

mike