Re: 2 questions...

To: Dwight Woodruff <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 2 questions...
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:31:20 -0600 (CST)
Have you replaced the condenser that is across the points? IT is a
cylinder-shaped part on the outside of the distributor. It has one wire on
it and it connects to the point wire. If it opens it can cause the points
to burn really fast.

Shimmy can be caused by many things. Worn tie rod ends, worn steering box,
tires out of ballance, loose wheel bearings (front), worn control arm
shafts or worn ball joints.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA