RE: about seats

To: "'datsun_sports'" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: about seats
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:37:18 +1030
Mike,
I was horrified when I dismantled my '65, to see the seat rail holes
were through one panel of 1.6mm in thickness.
The drivers side rails were shifted to the rear of the cabin and there
were a series of holes in line where successive moves were tried. This
has in effect "perforated" the floor pan, compromising its strength.
I too will be reinforcing the rail mounts with probably a continuous
plate under the cabin floor.
Then if the rails need to be shifted there will be more strength to
the floor.
With mandatory seat belt laws, the selt belt mounts will be thoroughly
checked out as well.
My daughter was not impressed with my plan to have pendant headrests
from a roll bar, how does the list feel about the safety aspect of
that idea?
Are high backed seats with an integral headrest a better alternative?
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.