Re: problem solved - another question on heat

To: datsun_sports <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: problem solved - another question on heat
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:40:57 -0600 (CST)
Mike,

Ypu might have a temperature gauge that is not reading correctly. This is
a fairly common problem with our cars. If your fuel gauge is not reading
correctly also, the instrument regulator may be defective.

I would see if I could check the engine temperature with a mechanical
thermometer, or a thermocouple, then compare the gauge reading to the
thermometer. The senders for the temperature gauge is fairly cheap and
easy to get at. Problem is, if the last person to install a sender
overtightened it, it may be a bear to get out. The sender is located just
below the coolant line that goes back under the intake manifold, just
below the thermostat housing.

Good luck!

Peace,
Pat

 - Support Habitat for Humanity, A "hand up", not a "hand out"
-

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA