Re: smog laws

To: mallory@floorhockey.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: smog laws
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:38:17 -0800
I think our vendors would disagree... ;-)

Regardless of the transaction, it is not necessarily the procedure that
dictates the economy, but the demand. Supply and Demand dictate economies
(at least market-based ones).

The problem is that the smog laws are a means to manipulate supply. If our
older cars are unable to meet smog laws then they are essentially relegated
to becoming museum pieces. If it isn't legal to register one then the supply
has been removed.

I have already emailed my congressman at both State and Federal levels as
well as my federal Senators. I will vote against the measures and I will
vote for someone who protects my right to own a classic vehicle.

This is all I can do and I will do it.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC (Back home in the warmth of California)