SU Carb mixture question...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Carb mixture question...
From: "The Dude" <big__lebowski@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:24:08 -0800
I can't seem to lean out my front SU carb on my 68-2000 enough.  Even with
the mixture setting all the way  lean, the car will still run on the front
carb (while disabling the rear).  It's also apparent from the plugs and
exhaust that I'm running way too rich.

Is it possible to make a needle adjustment to remedy this condition?  How
are the needles supposed to be set?  Is there a spec for how far they stick
out of the piece that holds them with a set-screw?

As I'm tired of tinkering with my SU's, are there any Weber carbs that will
work with the U-20/SU intake manifold?

Thanks,

Ken Pearce
B'ham, WA 68-2000 gas guzzler