KA24DE - What's involved?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: KA24DE - What's involved?
From: "nathaniel leeds" <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:54:55 -0800
All,

I'm new to this list but was told that it might be a great place to get
some information.  I have a 1969 2L, but unfortunately the engine is not
in working condition and I do not have the money for a rebuild (just
yet).  I have been told that in lue of using the original engine it is
possible to put in a KA24DE.

I have people who can help me with the electrical (I'll need to build a
harness anyway) but don't know what is involved mechanically with
fitting the KA24DE in... Do I need to do anything special as far as
engine mounts, exhaust, getting the stick into the cockpit, drive
shaft...

What should I expect out of the engine when I'm done...

Also I don't have a good sense for what I should expect to pay for the
engine.  I saw one for $300 (170k) but was unsure whether I might find
cheaper by looking around.

Nathaniel Leeds
'69 2000
Pasadena, CA