my car pees gas!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: my car pees gas!
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 07:48:59 -0400
I finally figured why it seems like I have to fill up so often.  when I
drive away from the pump full of very expensive gas my car is leaking it out
of a vent tube that is routed from the top of the tank somewhere.  This
creates the obvious environmental and safety problems, but the more pressing
issue is my wallet!

What does this tube do?  is it to vent the tank? Should it be routed
differently?  Should I just stop filling the tank the whole way?

Thanks
Ian Miller
66 1600 stroker
67.5 1600 in progress