Re: my car pees gas!

To: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: my car pees gas!
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:26:45 -0700 (PDT)
Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com> wrote:
Need a trick to punch out nice holes in a bulk paper gasket? Got a metal
"drill size plate" (you can find these at home depot, last time I
looked). Take a nice high speed drill and grind the BACK end (normally
goes into the drill) flat with your grinder. Now with the drill flipped
around, and using the drill size plate clamped to your drill press...
instant punch for light duty!

Cheers,

Tom

I use this trick all the time, you can punch through thicker material also.

I have a 1/8 inch thick piece of brass that I will make custom size holes in,
grind the drill, clamp it and punch out circles out of 1/16th thick plastic.
This is how I make position markers for guitars.

Roman

nice guitars, crappy roadsters