1500 brake master

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 brake master
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:55:22 -0600
List:
Just put a new single cylinder master on a 65 1500. The one I ordered was the
oldest one my book showed. Now the brakes are "double pumpers". All the drums
are adjusted and I've bled the brakes several times. Also, the pedal is free
at the resting position so there isn't any pressure on the plunger.
Question: Did nissan make a special master cylinder for the early all drum
brake cars that kept some pressure on the brakes so they would be hard the
first pump? Does anyone know this part number?
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Mike Koken
Colorado Springs