SU BLUES

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU BLUES
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 14:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
Here is something that may be of interest to many on the list, so please
address answers to the list not just myself, ok?Then again maybe I am the only
one this happens to. OK, here we go, SUs have a mind of their own!!Mine decide
to pour out gas whenever they feel like it!!! usually at the worst times (like
when the tank is close to empty)If you need proof of the existance of Murphy's
law, just look at my carbs.Without warning the Jet, stops working. instead of
shutting of the fuel supply it keeps on pumping. My floats are not sinkers.When
this happens I take the cover off, play with the jet a bit, screw it back
together and it is ok for a while.it is not dirt, I have cleaned them numerous
timesIt just stops working!!!I have the stock Jets. Why the heck does this do
that, and is there a jet that is trouble free???Thanks,Roman70 roadster  4mpg
city/ 7mpg highway