RE: 64 310 master cylinder

To: "'Andrew Murphy'" <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: 64 310 master cylinder
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:09:37 +0930
Hi List,
In order to keep my '65 SP310 as original as possible, I had all my
brake & clutch cylinders re-sleeved with a stainless steel sleeve.
They then fitted an easily available seal kit to suit.
Considering I couldn't remove the pistons from the alloy bores due to
corossion, they required expert attention from the word go!
It wasn't cheap but I should now have brake bits that are easily
re-built and will last "forever".
They also fitted some good condition 2nd hand reservoirs and caps, new
plated bleed nipples, clamps etc.
The only daggy bit now is the actual plumbing, but that is not hard to
reproduce.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
www.imagestation.com/mypictures/index.html
Adelaide, South Australia.