RE: Fuel Gauge

To: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Gauge
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 21:06:38 -0700
Ken,

There are no apologies needed on this list.  The list was created to share
information among experienced Datsun owners, new owners with a pile of
questions, and those like myself with moderate experience.

I can't answer the question about your speedo because my car is different in
that area, but maybe I can suggest a thing or two about your fuel gauge.

If you look in the trunk near the center you will see a plate with 4 sheet
metal screws holding it to the floor of the trunk.  Remove that plate and
you will find the fuel gauge sending unit.  The wire you see attached to the
sending unit goes to the fuel gauge.  Disconnect it and see if the gauge
goes down.  If not that wire is probably shorted out to the body or frame
somewhere.  If the gauge does drop you may have a defective sending unit.
The vendors can supply you with a new sending unit.

Tom
69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"
Portland, OR