Re: Fuel Guage

To: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Guage
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:34:21 -0500
Remove the trunk mat.  In about the middle of the trunk floor there is a
removable panel held by 6 (I think) screws.  Remove it and you will see the
top of the fuel sender.  Unplug it (single wire with a 'bullet' connector)
and see if the gauge still goes to the full mark.  If so, there is a wire
shorted somewhere between the sender and the gauge.

If it stays on empty, you have a problem with the tank sender.  There is a
ring with 'ears' on it holding the sender in place.  Tap it CCW to loosen.
The sender will then lift out.  I've found trying to repair senders pretty
pointless as a rule.  But, it might be something quick and easy.  You'll
just have to look at it and see.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000