How does a heat shield attach?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, lutepisk@attbi.com
Subject: How does a heat shield attach?
From: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:48:29 -0400
Hello, All!

Thanks to Michael Landskroner's supply of a detailed tracing, I was able
to make a heat shield for my U20.

I'm a one-step-at-a-time kind of guy, so I figured getting it cut and
bent correctly was enough to start with.  That went well, so I brought
it out to the car, took the air filter assembly off, and fiddled around
to see what inspiration might strike, or new discoveries surprise me
once I got the shield maneuvered into place.

Inspiration failed.  No discoveries.

How do you attach this thing?  And the bend is supposed to be "convex"
as you look down at it, right?

I meant to have a look around at other U20s while at the last DRONE
event, but forgot, amid all the other interesting things we did.  If
anyone can give me a little insight, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.

-John