Re: How does a heat shield attach?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How does a heat shield attach?
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:06:23 -0500
John,

First time I went to replace the heat shield I was really scratching my
head wondering how it bolted on.

With the CARBS off it was clear as day... two bolt holes on the
manifold. Short 8mm bolts (metric engine), and I discovered on of the
bolt holes was off just enough that I couldn't start a bolt... only feel
it start. Opened up the hole a little... bolt went right in, and I
wondered why I spent so much time getting that heat shield in place.

There are also two little springs for the throttle returns that attach
to the heat shield.

Tom