Re: How does a heat shield attach?

To: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: How does a heat shield attach?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:24:02 -0400
Hi John,

It connects to the intake manifold by 2 bolts centered under the carbs. It's
a *itch to reach to tighten the rear bolt and getting it on is no picnic
either. Start with the front carb and tighten it up a bit and then when you
think everything is lined up for the rear bolt, tighten the front bolt down.
It would be easier I believe, if short studs were used and then all you need
to put on are the nuts. I just thought of this right now.

The shield should curve outward to the side of the car when looking down, to
clear the header.

Did you make provisions for the carb springs to attach?

The drawing I gave you provides for a longer heat shield than stock to
prevent as much heat as possible to be deflected from the carbs.

Good luck,

Mike

PS - If you have any more problems e-mail me - hopefully I'll have answers.