Re: Question for the wrench turners on the list

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Question for the wrench turners on the list
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 10:10:25 -0400
All,
Thanks to all who responded - the bushings move freely on the spindle
shafts, but are "stuck" in the arms.  I guess I'll try some heat and Pat's
approach - I'll have to buy / borrow a 3/4" drive socket and bar - sounds
like the worst that could happen is I'd need new bushings.

I guess the Roadster gods are looking out for me though, all the joints are
tight, the upper bushings and shafts are good, and the steering box and
idler appear to be ok with no slop.  I'm going to disassemble both to put in
new seals, so I'll find out for sure when I get the old gunk out.

Mark
66 1600 http://home.neo.rr.com/mark2000/images/datsun1600/