Re: "We Tight" Racing Team.

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: "We Tight" Racing Team.
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:21:36 -0400
I went to a lot of drag races in the late 60s and early 70s at National
Speedway in Riverhead, NY, which sadly went out of business in the mid 70s.

At night, when the Top Fuel eliminators ran, you could see the heads lift
off slightly from the block from the compression and HP. It was quite a
sight and something everyone should experince once in a lifetime, and that's
not to mention the flames coming from the exhaust, and of course the sound
of unmuffled brutal HP. You could actually feel the ground shake and when
they were idling, waiting for the Christmas tree to light up, I swear you
could feel each pop of the cylinders. Awesome!!

Mike