Re: question on U20 valve cover

To: "Roadsters E-Mail List" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: question on U20 valve cover
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 22:24:47 -0700
I have discovered an epoxy that works very well in adverse conditions.  I
once used it inside of a wet Ford 460 timing cover to fill in the corroded
holes that went completely through the metal.  The interior was wet, the
holes were filled with water and this stuff said it would work around water
and oil.  It did.

When you are in the epoxy section of your parts or hardware store look for a
green round stick about 4" long.  Inside the green outer cover is a white
filling.  To use this stuff you break off about what you think will fill the
need and then roll it around in your fingers until it all turns white.  Then
you press it into place.

That 72 Lincoln was fixed with this stuff 5 years ago and it has not leaked
since.  I had enough working time to force the epoxy into the holes and then
smooth the interior surface fairly smooth.  It did exactly what it said it
would do in a wet, antifreeze coated environment.  In other applications I
have put it on smooth surfaces with good adhesion.

I don't recall the name of the manufacturer, but what I have has done a lot
of repairs for me and none of them have ever failed.

Tom
69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"
Portland, OR