RE: wire routing for trunk mounted batt.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wire routing for trunk mounted batt.
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:18:57 -0700
First, I'd say a box is a necessity. It's mainly a matter of having the
terminals protected from contacting sheet metal in the event of an accident.
You really don't want any sparks back there.

I mounted my battery in the right-rear corner of the trunk. The battery box
sits in a heavy aluminum tray that is bolted to the trunk floor. I ran the
hot lead across the front of the trunk near where the jack mounts, through a
hole in the floor and up the left side of the frame rail. I just hooked it
to the starter like normal. I had trouble getting a good ground back there,
so I wound up running a long ground lead from the battery up to a
bellhousing bolt. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org