Re: Antifreeze Mixture

To: Jessica <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Antifreeze Mixture
From: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:33:43 -0400
 > Also, anyone ever use one of those Prestone backflush kits.  Is it
 > worth it to install one?

I used the flushing kit in a Toyota I used to have.  It worked well, but
figuring out how to catch the coolant so that I could carefully dispose
of it was the tricky part.  I ended up using a big pan, and transfering
the coolant to plastic jugs as the pan filled.

Haven't done that for awhile.  I'm inclined to find a shop that can do
it tidily for me . . .

-John
John E. Stromgren
Portsmouth, NH ('70 2000)