Re: Antifreeze Mixture

To: Jessica <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Antifreeze Mixture
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:09:28 -0700
Ivin, I am currently running just water and water wetter that alleges to protect
the metal from electrolysis just like antifreeze with good results.  I was
concerned that the increase in compression in my current engine might result in
some higher temps than I wanted, so I decided to give it a shot.  So far, the
11.7
to 1 compression engine generally runs about 10 degrees or more cooler than it
did
before when it had lower (about 10 to 1) compression.  It is my understanding
that
water alone allows for better heat transfer than water and antifreeze, but I do
not know of this is true (list?).  Keep in mind however that I have been running
the car in only 65-70 degree weather so far, but I have run it hard.  The water
injection system may also have something to do with lower engine temps.  I also
have the 7.5 quart oil pan, which I am convinced helps as well, but I had that
before.
Greg Burrows