RE: Shasta and ugly cars going?

To: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Shasta and ugly cars going?
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:21:27 -0700
Allen,

I went last year without a roadster.  Last year there were no real works in
progress, but they were not all perfect either.  I got the impression they
have about seen it all at the meet.

Until it was obvious that I was not going this year I figured I would have
the ugly duckling, but if I were going, I would the car in any condition if
I thought it was reliable enough for the trip (mine is).

While you don't hear much about it on this list there is another all Nissan
meet held nearby on the same weekend.  If you think your car is not pretty,
just wait until you drive up the the other meet and see what a grungy car
looks like.  There were cars in virtually every condition from absolute
showroom clean and stock, to cars that would make you wonder how they ever
got out of the driveway -  or why.

Take your car and enjoy the weekend.  You will get a lot of good ideas, and
meet people who may have some very good suggestions about how to correct
some of the things you are concerned about.  Besides the dinner Saturday is
great.....

Tom
69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"
Portland