RE: Distributer Timing

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributer Timing
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 20:14:42 -0700
Resetting the distributor:

Turn the engine over by hand until the timing mark is at about 15 degreees
BTDC on the compression stroke for #1 cylinder.

Remove the distributor cap.

Turn the ignition ON.

Loosen the adjusting screws on the distributor.

Slowly turn the distributor by hand until you see a spark from the points.
Try to position the distributor at the exact position where the spark jumps.

Tighten evrything back down.

This should get it close enough that it will start. If you can't get it to
this point, then the distributor drive gear is off.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org