Re: Changing out Flex brake lines

To: neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Changing out Flex brake lines
From: CafeRC51@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:53:26 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/2003 10:42:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu writes:

> Anybody want to give me any guidelines to installing
> them? Doing this will drain the master cylinder will it not?  Does that mean
> I have to bleed it also?  I don't suppose somebody has a step by step up
> somewhere on the web?

Dan,

Changing the lines is easy!  But if you are leaving on Thursday I would save
this project for later.

You will need to bleed the fronts again after you install the lines but it
shouldnt be too difficult.  Just make sure your fluid level is full.
Disconnect
the botton portion of the rubber line and plug it with a pencil or golf tee
or something like that.  Disconnect the top portion and drop it into a waiting
bucket or tub.  Immediately attach the new line.  It would also help to have
the new line capped at the bottom.

The new line will fill somewhat with fluid.  You will then need to connect
the new line as fast as possible to avoid too much spilling.  Just keep an eye
on the reservoir and the fluid level.

Have fun.

Calspeed