Re: Roadster road test!

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster road test!
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:34:50 -0500
>Paul Kort:

> Okay so it isn't one of our beloved 1500/1600/2000 roadsters but the
> August issue of CAR & DRIVER has the new 350Z roadster front and center on
> the cover.  Behind it are the Boxster, S2000, TT, & Z4.  Nice comparison
> test.
> An added bonus in the issue are ten Japanese cars that you won't find for
> sale here.  A few dogs but a couple of them should get your blood flowing!

The new Road & Track includes a comparison test between the 350Z roadster
and the Honda S2000. There's a short sidebar about the earlier roadsters,
Datsun and Honda.

Back from another weekend in the Hill Country, and Marc, no we didn't get
finished, so we'll be back down in a couple of weeks. The same weekend as
Apple Fest.

While down there the battery in the Odyssey died so we headed for the
closest Sam's and Costco, fortunately each within a block of the other. I
was going to get an Optima but Costco didn't have one with the right
terminal configuration, so I ended up back at Sam's. Turns out that Champion
not makes the same (gel?) type battery for the same $100 price as the
Optima, but I got a $32 credit for the old DOA battery! It's rated at 1000
cranking amps, so it should handle a high compression motor with ease.

Also ate what may be the best Mexican food I've ever had (and I've had a
LOT!) at El Chaparral, on 16 just north of Helotes about 10 minutes from
Loop 1604. Great food, good prices and excellent service. It would be a
great place at which to end a day of Hill Country crusin'.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@hot.rr.com